We are vision care providers for the MassHealth program
Call us at 508-761-6100 to schedule an appointment.
Please review these important points!
- Have your MassHealth card available when you call to make your appointment.
- We can verify what you are covered for.
- Not all MassHealth plans provide the same services!
We have the MassHealth collection of eyeglass frames.
- have you try on and select your eyewear from the MassHealth selection.
- fill out the necessary paperwork for MassHealth to make the glasses,
- measure your eyes for alignment with your prescription,
- order your MassHealth eyewear with your current from the state facility
- inspect, verify and adjust the eyeglasses when we receive the order back from the MassHealth
- Typically, it can take 4 - 6 weeks after we send out the order, for us to receive them back from MassHealth.
- When a prior authorization required, it may take 2 or more additional weeks for the order for the order to be returned.
- With difficult prescriptions, the order could be delayed significantly more.
- The MassHealth facility currently processes all of the eyeglass orders for the entire state of Massachusett
- We have no special influence on the speed of processing the orders.
- We will be happy to call MassHealth to check on the progress of your eyeglass order.
- No, MassHealth will only fabricate eyeglasses from the MassHealth collection.
- If you have your own frame, MassHealth does not allow us to send it to them for processing.
- If you wish to select your own frame from our optical shop, you will be responsible for paying for the frames and lenses out of your own pocket.
- There is no reimbursement process. You either select what they will provide, or they cover nothing.
- On the positive side, the updated selections from the MassHealth collection are quite nice!
- All doctors across the state use the same MassHealth system for processing orders.
- All doctors across the state are subject to the same rules regarding frames and lenses for MassHealth patients
- Some exceptions can be made when approved by the state
- Exceptions can only be made for medically necessary reasons
- Requests for exceptions require a special review process that will add additional time to your order
- Requests for exceptions may not be granted, but will still add additional time to your order
- They do not remember it can take 4 or more weeks to get their MassHealth eyeglasses.
- They realize a type of lens, or lens enhancement they may have had in the past is not covered
- They are told they cannot pick any type of frame for their MassHealth eyewear.