Using your eye medications
1. Wash your hands.
2. Shake the container
3. Move close to a mirror
4. Gently pull your lower lid away from your eye, forming a pouch.
5. Do not touch the eye or eyelid with the eye drop bottle
6. For drops: Put 1 drop in the pouch and close your eyes for 3 minutes
7. for ointment: Put 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ointment in the pouch and simply close your eyes.
8. Repeat with the other eye if needed.
9. Replace the cap on the container and tighten.
It takes about 5 minutes for most of an eye drop to be absorbed by the eyes. Wait at least 5 minutes before instilling an second drop, or between applying other medications.